6.18.2010

If It Was My Home

I haven't seen many (any?) blogosphere posts about the Gulf disaster. We're too busy, I guess, dealing with a red leather fetish or how our front yard looks to the neighbors or if the crease in our pants is crisp enough and if our hankie poofs just so in our breast pocket. And, I suspect we are totally in denial.

This blog world of ours is supposed to be uplifting, upbeat, totally rad and a lot more including fun. There are just so many problems in our lives, in our world, in our country, no matter how much of a Lucky Dog we are. It's easy to become deaf, dumb and blind to other's situations.

I don't know about you, but I am often overwhelmed with the multitude of misery in the world and sometimes I question whether we Homo Sapiens are any smarter than a snake. So, as penance for our blocking out what our brethren in the Gulf region are dealing with, go to the site below and type in your hometown and get an understanding of just how awful this spill is.


No comments:

Post a Comment