11.28.2010

She Knows What You're Re-Gifting

A pal sent this along to me yesterday and I've probably tried it a hundred times. I'm posting this in the spirit of sharing one's new-found addictions--in this case, attempting to trip up a computer (or something) with far superior skills than me. The only time I seem to beat this I realize I'm looking at the original number and not the resulting number after the math. So I look at the resulting number and damn...

How is this done?! Please. Somebody tell me how this works. I know I'll feel stupid, but what's new...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tom - So it's pretty simple once you take a look at it - she's reusing the gift names across the grid, so that number 0, 9, 18, 27, etc.. (multiples of 9) are all listed as the same gift. If you look at the math - you'll never get a number that isn't a multiple of 9.

    23 - 2 - 3 = 18
    ...
    35 - 3 - 5 = 27
    36 - 3 - 6 = 27
    37 - 3 - 7 = 27...
    ...
    45 - 4 - 5 = 36
    etc.

    ~meg

    ReplyDelete